It's important to get ahead of the winter weather and make sure your home is ready to handle the cold to come. A bit of preventative maintenance can help avoid any winter-related disasters. Here’s a list of our top 9 maintenance tips to set you up for a cosy and pleasant winter season.
- Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Remove debris and leaves from gutters and drains.
- Maintain trees – dry, brittle branches are more prone to breaking.
- Replace any cracked or loose windows.
- Clear out any rodent infestations.
- Caulk any gaps in flooring and frames that may cause a draft.
- Service gas heater and air conditioner.
- Chimney sweep your fireplace.
- Clean bathroom and laundry exhaust vents.
Would you prefer a professional to look after maintenance for you? Get in touch with our Concierge team and we will connect you with the right tradesperson for your needs.